We are currently searching for experienced team members for our growing studio.
We are looking for a landscape architect to join our studio. The ideal candidate is a certified landscape architect or a landscape designer who is in the process of licensure, with 3 to 5 years of experience.
Arterra specializes in the creation of legacy residential gardens. The candidate should have experience or be interested in working on large-scale residential projects.
At Arterra, we are able to mentor team members on all aspects of the practice of landscape architecture. The position will provide hands-on involvement in every step of the process, seeing concepts through to built works. The candidate must be fluent in conceptual sketching, formal hand drawing, computer-aided design and construction documents
We share ideas and inspiration in our beautiful, open studio space in the Design District of San Francisco. We are dedicated to doing sustainable work and living sustainable lives. Support for both of these goals is built in to our business model, through our comprehensive benefits and supportive office culture.
As a studio, we are focused on creative exploration and learning. We are looking for applicants demonstrating an active interest in professional development and working in a collaborative team. We place a high importance on mentoring and building the next generation of leaders. The ideal candidate is looking for an opportunity for professional growth.
- Creative, open-minded and imaginative
- Excellent hand drawing skills and ability to generate conceptual sketches
- Experience with permitting process
- Ability to work in a team environment and provide team support
- Eager to learn all aspects of the business and craft
- Interest in new/sustainable materials and technologies
- We are a Mac based office using Vectorworks
- Expert knowledge of Mac operating systems, Vectorworks and Sketch-up
- Working knowledge of Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign
- Knowledge of California plants
- Experience putting together construction documents
• Graduate of an accredited landscape architecture program
• Licensed landscape architect, or a landscape designer who has started the licensure process
• 3-5 years experience
If you think you'd be a great fit for the position, please email your portfolio, resume and cover letter to Info@ArterraSF.com. No calls, please.